Google My Business Action Plan
The GMB Action Plan MENU
EZ Press Releases For Citations
While press releases for SEO and link building is not very useful…
They ARE VERY USEFUL tools for Google My Business listings.
Luckily, writing a Press Release is now an extremely easy process to do.
- Have an article written about your company.
- Make sure you include your company’s NAP information within the article.
- Add your GMB link to the article (The Differentiator!).
- Have the article distributed to over 500 press release websites.
Why Press Releases?
This is an extra-step tool for enhancing the citation you just built in the last section.
When your press release starts to get published on 100’s of news websites, the information they are posting is validating your NAP and linking back to your GMB for even more authority than the citations alone can provide.
While a lot of your competitors might take the extra step of actually building citations, FEW will ever take this step… giving you a MASSIVE competitive edge!!
Have An Article Written
Unless you’re a good press release writer, or are willing to learn how to write one, then I HIGHLY recommend using Fiverr to bang this out.
- Hire a Press Release Specialist:
You can search Fiverr for Press Releases and look for the highest rated/reviewed writers or you can just use this Gig that I have used, which delivers excellent press releases.
Click Here To Visit Hugh’s Gig
(I’m Not Affiliated with Hugh)
- If you’re not sure what to have them write about, just pick something like:
- Launching a new product or service.
- A company update (e.g. a new senior hire).
- Your company’s perspective on something happening in your industry.
Be as descriptive as you can be to the writer.
Have them add your NAP to the bottom of the release:
As a reminder, NAP stands for:
- Name of your business
- Phone number
As with other citations, you should make sure the formatting of these matches exactly what is shown on your Google My Business listing.
Add your GMB share URL:
Go to Google maps and search for your business.
Click the Share icon to select the URL:
Add a line like this to your press release (right before your NAP):
To learn more, please find us on Google: [GMB URL]
Note: Do not add your website’s URL to the article.
At best, links from press release websites are not valued by Google.
At worst, they can be viewed as link spam and actually hurts your website.
Have An Article Distributed
This process is just to enhance your citations, so you’re not really looking to get published on the worlds largest news sites.
And really, unless you are announcing something truly game changing, most major news sites would probably not be interested in a local small business’ offering.
So to expedite this process, once again we will turn to Fiverr to bang it out quickly.
Search Fiverr for Press Releases and search for high rated writers.
The one I currently use is In2Town. They will get you out to over 400 news sites for only $35.
Click Here To Visit In2Town’s Gig
(I’m Not Affiliated with In2Town)
Simply order the gig and upload the Press Release you made in the previous steps.
- Make sure you have started building your citations first!
- TRIPLE CHECK YOUR RELEASE FOR NAP ERRORS…You do NOT want to shoot this out to the 400 sites with the wrong Name, Address, Phone or GMB link!!
- In searching Fiverr, you may notice that there are some providers that will do both the writing and the distribution. I have not used any of these other providers (but have been tempted to), I just prefer to use the writer and distributor.
Feel free to try the combo and let me know if you have any positive, or negative, experiences with them.